04 December 2005

unforgettable

Admittedly, I can be bad with names. However, I met someone today whose name I shall NEVER forget.

Kermit Svinn.


Is that a great name, or what? He introduced himself to me during our rehearsal (he's a member of the Brentwood Arts Commission, which sponsored our Sing Along Messiah today) and I said:
"Oh my gosh. I love that. Nice to meet you, Kermit."
He cracked up and said, "Yeah, it's not easy being green", (and he was wearing - what else? - a green shirt).

A man named Kermit. Never in my life . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha :) At least he has a sense of humor about it.

I had a student once named Austin Powers. I never gave him a hard time about it, but I heard another teacher say that he was always good-natured about it whenever someone would tell him "yeah, baby."

And I've been called Dennis the Menace all my life, but I've never had a snappy comeback to it. :)

dgs