12 July 2005

etc.....

I've many different things I've wanted to post about recentlly. I guess I'll just do a patch-work quilt of subjects, here.

1. London: PRAISE GOD that my brother is safe. He, his friends, classmates, etc are all accounted for, as are the handful of friends I've over there. Hallelujah. Interestingly enough, the cabinet minister for whom he works, has just been appointed the minister for the Olympics, as well as minister for the families of the victimes of the recent bombings. Wonder if he'll be offered a more permanent job there (and if so, if he'll take it...)?

2. Only my mother could use this phrase: "Those jeans are rather butt-sprung, aren't they?" I'm not exactly sure what that means...but let's just use our imaginations, now, shall we?

3. My airport adventure, as taken from the book of AZ's airport adventures, from SFO on Friday, shall be (not so) briefly recapped here:
-Arrive at 5pm sharp for my 6:30 flight (no baggage to check)
-Discover said flight has been delayd until 10:oopm!!
-Return to terminal (I'd already been through security) to speak with a ticket agent about another flight
-Nice United lady says I can get on an 8pm Frontier flight. She prints me out a paper ticket and sends me on my way.
-United is at the far end of terminal 3. Frontier is at the farthest end of terminal 1. I walk, cheerfully whistling, through barren terminal 2 to the Frontier counter.
-Not-so-nice frontier lady tells me that, while I CAN get on the flight, I am missing a CRUCIAL signature from the United lady.
-Walk BACK through barren terminal 2 to the far end of terminal 1.
-Wait in line for 45 minutes. For a 5 second signature.
-Start back towards the desolate terminal 2, to get back to Frontier.
-En Route, am "picked up" by one of the United ticket agents. His name is Sam, he speaks several languages, has lived in SF for 25 years, hangs out with some of the Giants, might know my friend B who works for the Giants and gives me his phone number for when I return to SF. Still undecided on whether or not I'll call....(maybe email).
-Return to Frontier, wait in line and get checked in
-Head to security
-Get randomly selected for a strip search and to have all of my bags thoroughly checked (re: feminine products conveniently spilled out by the guy searching). Great.
-Finally make it to the concourse. And, happiness arrives in the form of my friend Skot, who is making his way to SoCal for the weekend.
-AFter having been walking the airport for close to 4 hours, S and I sit and have a beer, as our gates are right next to one another's.
-My flight ends up getting in late (around midnight) and my folks pick me up and we drive another 2.5 hours to the mountains. My dad snoozing in the back seat, while me and my mom chat it up in the front.

No comments: