23 April 2005

how to meet people in the city

At work we are in the process of going through stacks of resumes. Stacks and stacks and stacks which I go through because I am the Administrative Assistant and that is my job.

It's actually rather fascinating.

If there were no ethical reprecussions, I would totally cull some of these for my personal file. Some of these people look - at least 'on paper' - soo interesting! I just want to meet them, and ask them about their life experiences.

It's like dangling a carrot in front of bugs bunny, you know?

SO, here's my thought. Call it an idea for social change (albeit, a tongue-in-cheek one). You know we all carry around business cards, right? To hand out when we meet someone interesting, either for business or pleasure. Why not just carry around extra copies of a resume to hand out as well? That way, you know some background on the person, and could really decide whether or not you wanna go have coffee/drinks/dinner/business lunch. This would practically eliminate the need for smalltalk, and would give you some great conversation-starters.

I'm just suggesting....

No comments: