04 February 2005

You just never know . . .

So, I was wandering through the Sunset today, trying in vain to locate 4 x 6 index cards, when the thought struck me:

"Where did all these crazy people come from?"

Not, as in, the stork brought them or anything. But, when I lived in this neighborhood, I didn't remember all of the crazies here. Examples: the old woman smoking (that in and of itself makes you crazy in California) and soundlessly muttering outside of the Happy Donuts; old man crouching at the same corner excitedly examing a bottle he just found; the resident homeless crazy woman singing some rock song at the top of her lungs; the CRAZY-ASS drivers -- well, that isn't new.

Well, I'm now safely ensconced back in my 'hood. Right near Haight Asbury, where all the normal people live. . .

2 comments:

Sandra Vahtel said...

"Right near Haight Asbury, where all the normal people live. . ."

Umm...RIGHT Katy. That's where all the "normal" people reside in your fair city.

MezzoCO said...

*exactly*