20 January 2005

Weird Dream.....

I usually do not remember my dreams, but for some reason I remember dreaming this morning, and it was kinda funny.


.......DREAM SEQUENCE..........................................

It's late summer, perhaps labor day, and I find myself at a party. Not just any party, but a do-it-yourself party. Seems that a friend [who we'll call Dougie] has gotten himself a fixer-upper house and has invited all of his friends to come help put stuff together and have a BBQ.
I go looking for Dougie, because he is the only person I know at this party. Nobody will speak to me, not one single person, and above all, not even Dougie. We make eye contact, even, and he doesn't talk to me! I know this is weird, because normallly we talk and laugh very easily, and his friends are all really great people.
Anyways. I decide to work on the back door. There is a hole where a little window plate needs to be screwed in. I finally find the electric screw driver, but no screws. Everyone else seems to be finished with their tasks, and they are putting all of the tools away in this large tent in the backyard. I dash around, find four screws in the mud, and fix the door. I come to find it's not a window pane, but a hard piece of plastic with somesort of picture on it.
I finish, and ask someone where to put the drill. "In the tent, near the edge, so we can get it later..."
----------FLASH FORWARD------------------
It's winter. It's cooooollld. I'm going to meet Dougie at his house, which now seems to be perched on some sort of cliff over a frozen river. There are several feet of snow. I'm pushing a shopping cart full of Christmas presents. Dougie comes out to meet me, and helps me park the cart in front of the neighboring house. "Mind the ice, you don't want to fall in the river," he says.
We go inside, but then it's time for me to leave. I run for the cart, and of course, slip and fallllllllllllllllllllllll...............................
SPLASH! The water is cold, but for some reason I can breathe! It's because of my scarf! The wool soaks up all of the water around my mouth, and I can still breathe. I hear Dougie yelling for me to be careful, and that he'll come and save me. I feel warm--not as cold as I thought it would be here. I decide it's because of all of my winter clothing. I am swept away, and lose consciousness until....

I wake up! I'm still in the water. But now, I'm at Disneyland. I'm in the "IT'S A SMALL WORLD" ride, which is a boat ride. The next thing I know, a large Disney worker is pulling me out of the river, and handing me over to Dougie, like a little baby. We walked out of the ride together.
*******************DREAM SEQUENCE OVER********************************

No comments: