10 February 2008

Beginnings

I usually think of Sunday as being the end of the week. However, tonight it struck me that really, Sunday can be (should be?) thought of as the beginning of the week. That one slight change can make a big difference in my perception.

As the first day of the week, it can be a time to rest before diving into the work-week; a time to spend with family and friends (old & new), just 'being'. A time to focus on God and not let the weekly worries get to me yet....

Today was a day like that. After church, I spent several hours in GG Park - with old and new friends - enjoying the sunshine, looking at the flowers, and enjoying the day. Later, after dinner with a couple more friends, participated in an amazing time of worship and fellowship which set the tone for the days ahead.

It was a great beginning to my week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Sunday sounds like a great start to the week!

It got me thinking...and I think of Sunday as an in-between day..that the week ends Saturday night and then Sunday is for church, rest and preparing for the coming week (cooking meals for the week, organizing clothes and accessories for the work week).

I block off Sunday night to be at home...to transition to Monday.

Sharona said...

YOU HAVE FRIENDS WITHOUT ME?!