10 November 2007

Vaccinated

Lucky (née Albertsons) was hosting flu shots this morning. I get one every year - and have for as long as I can remember - because of my asthma. It gets out of control scary when I have the flu.

I arrive at Lucky at 10 on the dot, and was the second person there. Until this crazy lady on a cell phone cuts me off and steps right in front of me. I didn't say anything to her - she wouldn't have heard me anyways, jabbering away like that. The nurse and I made eye-rolling contact.

I get my paperwork, finish it quickly (before Cell Phone Woman does...who's still chattering away and not filling out her form) and step back to the table. I sit down in the shot chair and suddenly there are like, 10 people waiting around for a shot. Ten people, most of whom - if I just streched my legs out - I could kick.

So, there I am, rolling up the arm of my STAR WARS shirt, getting prepped, swipped and stabbed with ten pairs of eyes staring. I'm not gonna lie - it was a little awkward. I looked at one lady and shrugged just before the nurse stuck the needle in my arm. The woman seemed a little embarrassed to have been "caught" staring at me. I was proud of myself, though.

I didn't even flinch.

No comments: